January 15, 2021
2. PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
The personal information we collect depends on how you use our Services and the requirements of applicable law.
Information You Provide to Us:
- Your Communications and Interactions with Us. We may collect your name and email address when you sign up for our service or otherwise contact us through the website.
- “Records” that you document within your Anita account, electronic dossiers that you create and download to share with third parties.
- Automatic Data Collection. We may collect certain information automatically when you use the Site. This information may include your Internet protocol (IP) address and inferred location; user settings; MAC address; cookie, mobile and other unique identifiers; details about your browser, operating system or device; Internet service provider; pages that you visit before, during and after using the Services; information about the links you click; and other information about how you use the Site. Information we collect may be associated with accounts and other devices. In addition, we may automatically collect data regarding your use of our Site, such as the types of content you interact with and the frequency and duration of your activities.
- Cookies. Cookies are small text files placed in visitors’ computer browsers to store their preferences. Most browsers allow you to block and delete cookies. However, if you do that, the Site may not work properly.
- Pixel Tags/Web Beacons. A pixel tag (also known as a web beacon) is a piece of code embedded in the Site that collects information about users’ engagement on that web page.
- The use of a pixel allows us to record, for example, that a user has visited a particular web page.
- Analytics. We may also use analytics providers to collect information regarding visitor behavior and visitor demographics on our Site.
3. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We may use your information for a variety of purposes, including to:
- Communicate with you as needed or requested.
- Provide, analyze and improve our Site, such as:
- Measure interest and engagement in our Site;
- Conduct research and development;
- Evaluate effectiveness of Site;
- Develop new products and services;
- Ensure internal quality control;
- Verify your identity and prevent fraud;
- Detect bugs or other software issues;
- Prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities;
- Enforce our Terms; and
- Comply with our legal obligations, protect your vital interest, or as may be required for the public
- Provide you additional content, such as:
- Provide you with customized materials that may be of interest, including new content;
- Notify you about services that may be of interest to you; and
- Other purposes you consent to or are disclosed when you provide personal information.
- Use De-identified and Aggregated Information.
We may use aggregated information that does not identify you and other information about you to create de-identified or aggregated information, such as de-identified demographic information, de-identified location information, information about the computer or device from which you access our Site, or other analyses we create.
- Automatic Collection Technologies. We, as well as third parties that provide content or other functionality on the Site, may use Technologies to automatically collect information on our Site. Our uses of these Technologies fall into the following general categories:
- Operationally Necessary. This includes Technologies that allow you to use our Site that are required to identify irregular site behavior, prevent fraudulent activity and improve security or that allow you to make use of our functions;
- Performance Related. We may use Technologies to assess the performance of our Site, including as part of our analytic practices to help us understand how our visitors use the Site;
- Functionality Related. We may use Technologies that allow us to offer you enhanced functionality when accessing or using our Site. This may include identifying you when you sign into our Site or keeping track of your specific preferences, interests, or past items viewed;
- Advertising or Targeting Related. We may use first party or third-party Technologies to deliver content, including ads relevant to your interests, on our Services or on third party sites.
You may contact us at any time to opt out of the use of your personal information for marketing purposes.
Notice regarding Third Party Websites and Social Media Platforms: The Site may contain links to other websites, and other websites may reference or link to our website or other services. These other websites are not controlled by us. We encourage our users to read the privacy policies of each website and application with which they interact. We do not endorse, screen or approve and are not responsible for the privacy practices or content of such other websites or applications. Our Site may include social media plug-ins or pages such as Spotify, YouTube, SnapChat, Instagram and Facebook. By using those platforms, you assume the risk that the personal information provided by you may be viewed and used by third parties for any number of purposes.
4. DISCLOSING YOUR INFORMATION TO THIRD PARTIES
We may share your personal information with the following categories of third parties: Technical Service Providers for Anita. We may share any personal information we collect about you with our third-party technical service providers, whom we engage to administer and provide the Site. The types of service providers to whom we entrust personal information include: IT and related services; information and services you have requested; payment processing; and technical support. These vendors and service providers have access to your personal information only for purposes of performing technical services on our behalf.
Disclosures to Protect Us or Others. We may access, preserve, and disclose any information we store associated with you to external parties if we, in good faith, believe doing so is required or appropriate to: comply with law enforcement or national security requests and legal process, such as a court order or subpoena; protect your, our or others’ rights, property, or safety; enforce our policies or contracts; collect amounts owed to us; or assist with an investigation or prosecution of suspected or actual illegal activity.
Merger, Sale, or Other Asset Transfers. If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, financing due diligence, reorganization, bankruptcy, receivership, purchase or sale of assets, or transition of service to another provider, then your information may be sold or transferred as part of such a transaction, as permitted by law and/or contract.
5. YOUR CHOICES
You have certain choices about your personal information. Where you have consented to the processing of your personal information, you may withdraw that consent at any time and prevent further processing by contacting us at email@example.com subject to certain exceptions under applicable law.
Email and Telephone Communications
“Do Not Track”
Do Not Track (“DNT”) is a privacy preference that users can set in certain web browsers. Please note that we do not respond to or honor DNT signals or similar mechanisms transmitted by web browsers.
Cookies and Interest Based Advertising
You may stop or restrict the placement of Technologies on your device or remove them by adjusting your preferences as your browser or device permits. The online advertising industry also provides websites from which you may opt out of receiving targeted ads from data partners and other advertising partners that participate in self-regulatory programs. You can access these and learn more about targeted advertising and consumer choice and privacy, at www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp and www.aboutads.info/choices/.
Alternatively, for some devices you may use your device’s platform controls in your settings to exercise choice. Please note you must separately opt out in each browser and on each device. Advertisements on third party websites that contain the AdChoices link may have been directed to you based on information collected by advertising partners over time and across websites. These advertisements provide a mechanism to opt out of the advertising partners’ use of this information for interest-based advertising purposes.
Your Privacy Rights
In accordance with applicable law, you may have the right to:
- Request confirmation of whether we are processing your personal information;
- obtain access to or a copy of your personal information;
- restrict our uses of your personal information;
- seek correction or amendment of inaccurate, untrue, incomplete, or improperly processed
- personal information; and
- request erasure of personal information held about you, subject to certain exceptions prescribed by law.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us as firstname.lastname@example.org. We will process such requests in accordance with applicable laws. To protect your privacy, we will take steps to verify your identity before fulfilling your request.
6. DATA RETENTION
7. SECURITY OF YOUR INFORMATION
8. CHILDREN’S INFORMATION
If you learn that a child has provided us with personal information without appropriate consent, you may contact us as set forth below. If we learn that we have collected any personal information in violation of applicable law, we will promptly take steps to delete such information.
10. CONTACT US
1300 Clay St #600
Oakland, CA 94612